Thursday, February 21, 2008

Getting Closer: Could I be in the NY TImes soon?

I got an email that the NY Times is considering a letter of mine today! It might be published in the paper, on the web, both, or neither. My letter to the editor was in response to the "Poverty is Poison" op-ed that ran this week (see earlier post to read about that) and here is my response that may run. Whee!

To the Editor:
Paul Krugman helps shatter the myth that there is nothing we can do about poverty. Too many people think that the state of poverty in America is inevitable, never questioning what we can do to change it nor looking at the inspiring progress of other industrialized nations.
I believe that it is possible not only to end poverty in the United States, but also to end extreme poverty around the globe within our lifetime. Our country can help make this happen by passing the Global Poverty Act and holding ourselves accountable for our part in achieving the United Nations’ Millennium Development Goals.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're in! It's a small world after all!

CCYL said...

Well, call me a wobbly-headed goat. There it is! Thanks, JK! nice to see you here :)